Thursday, August 27, 2015

XoXperts Review: Sustained by Emma Chase

Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)Sustained by Emma Chase
My rating: 4 1/2 of 5 stars

When Defense attorney Jake Becker nabs his juvie pickpocket, he has no clue how his life is about to change again. Once a juvenile offender himself, he finds himself falling hard for the boy's legal guardian--Chelsea McQuaid. This playboy handles criminals; how hard can it be to deal with her five other nieces and nephews?

Maybe a big clue would be when he had to Google how to change a diaper.

....I lift his kicking legs and slide a fresh diaper underneath him.
And then--without warning--a hot stream...arches in the air, coating
my shirt with expert aim.
I glare down at the baby. "Seriously, man?"
He just smiles around the hand he's chewing on.
...Google didn't mention this.


Sustained is book two of the Legal Briefs series by Emma Chase. I didn't get a chance to read the first book, so these can be read out of order.

I really enjoyed this book. Jake is quite the rogue but you can't help but fall for him. Chelsea is thrust into being a supermom, and I loved her sweet, trusting nature. The kids are a hoot; my only gripe is all their names start with R, creating a bit of confusion keeping them apart.

I give this 4 1/2 stars and can't wait to read Books 1, already out, and 3, due out next January. I'd give it a Rated R for language and graphic sex.

**Disclaimer--I was sent this book as a member of the Xoxperts Street Team. This is my honest and unbiased review. Check out xoxoafterdark.com and Simonandschuster.com.

#xoxperts



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment is mightier than the sword--weild your words carefully please :)