Monday, November 9, 2015

#xoxperts Review: Nuts by Alice Clayton

Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1)Nuts by Alice Clayton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Who knew that butter could ruin a career? That's exactly what happens to private chef Roxie Callahan when she errs in the eyes of a L.A. diva. When her mom calls, needing help at the family diner in sleepy Bailey Falls, she grudgingly agrees. But after a literal run-in with the most drool-worthy farmer she's ever seen, Leo Maxwell, will she change her mind about love--and where she calls home?

Alice Clayton, author of the delightful novel Nuts, is not new to fans, but new to me. Her writing is sweet, spicey, and dotted with a bit of cheese. I found myself chuckling and lol, staying up into the wee hours of the morning to finish it. Chapter 12 have me goosebumps. That's good reading right there. I may have had to fan myself.

This is the first in Clayton's new Hudson Valley series. If the romps of Richie and Leo are any prediction, I'm going to savor this series.

A solid four stars, this could only have been better had it included some of Roxie's amazing-sounding recipes. That's not nice to tease your readers who are also foodies! ;) I'd give it a PG-13 rating since the romance is definitely there but not explicitly phrased. There are plenty of F-bombs--this didn't bother me, but some readers may feel differently.

**Disclaimer--I was sent this book as a member of the Xoxperts Street Team. This is my honest and unbiased review. Check out xoxoafterdark.com and Simonandschuster.com.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment is mightier than the sword--weild your words carefully please :)