Wednesday, July 29, 2015

XoXperts Review: The Coincidence of Coconut Cake

The Coincidence of Coconut CakeThe Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"It doesn't need sugar 'cause it's already sweet
It doesn't need an oven 'cause it's got a lot of heat
Just add a dash of kisses to make it all complete
And that's the recipe for making love"
--Recipe for Love, Harry Connick, Jr.

When Lou walks in on her fiance with another woman, her terrible day becomes a disaster when infamous food critic A.W.Wodyski visits that night, leaving a scathing review.

Juggling a failing restaurant and giving freelance writer Al from England a foodie taste of Milwaukee keeps her busy. But can she stand the heat--or will she have to get out of the kitchen?

I absolutely LOVED this book. There are not enough words to aptly describe this yummy romance. It reminds me of a mashup of the classic Meg Ryan movies, particularly You've Got Mail. I think this should BE a movie. Just make sure you have food on hand, as the descriptions of the dishes will make your mouth water.

Lucky for us, author Amy E.Reichert includes the recipes for the famous coconut cake featured on the cover. I had planned on making it in time for my review. I will add to this review when I do so.

The Coincidence of Coconut Cake is sweet, but not cloying, romantic, but not too steamy, and is going down as one of my favorite reads for 2015. I can't wait to see what Reichert cooks up for us next! Perhaps a cookbook?

**Disclaimer--I was sent this book as a member of the Xoxperts Street Team. This is my honest and unbiased review. Check out xoxoafterdark.com and Simonandschuster.com.

#xoxperts



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment is mightier than the sword--weild your words carefully please :)