Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Xoxperts Review: The Canterbury Sisters

The Canterbury SistersThe Canterbury Sisters by Kim Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Canterbury Sisters begins with two losses: Che's mother has passed away, and her long distance boyfriend has left her. A note with her mother's urn urges her to go to Canterbury. So, like Chaucer's pilgrims, she leaves her world behind for the sixty mile trek. The nine women tell stories, much like in The Canterbury Tales, on their way. Will they find truth, lies, healing, and second chances?

Although it's been ages since I read Chaucer, I enjoyed this group of women, strangers becoming sisters. I was enchanted by the cover (forget that oft-used phrase), but it didn't really fit the theme. My only reason for giving it 4 1/2 stars was trying to keep track of all the characters. I loved the twists and turns of the tale, much like the roads they took. I definitely look forward to reading more of Wright's work.



**Disclaimer--I was sent this book as a member of the Xoxperts Street Team. This is my honest and unbiased review. Check out xoxoafterdark.com and Simonandschuster.com.

#xoxperts

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment is mightier than the sword--weild your words carefully please :)